This dataset is a black-and-white, seamless, and radiometric balanced version of the USGS Digital Ortho Quarter Quad (DOQQ) aerial photography and is available in one meter pixel resolutions.
The GeoOrtho dataset is derived from the current USGS library of aerial photography and is enhanced through the following processes:
Output & Delivery Options
- Radiometric Balancing - Using well-established software capabilities that were designed for high volume image production, the technique corrects for brightness or darkness, image vingetting, and bi-directional radiometric issues. This creates a product that is aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
- Black & White Conversion - The original DOQQ library is mixed between color, color infra-red, and black & white photos. The color and color infra-red has been converted to create a consistent black & white dataset across the country. The conversion utilized all three bands of original image data which creates a richer and more dynamic visual image compared to the traditional one-band process.
- Mosaicking - This process eliminates the overlap and redundancy between images. This process involves running a predefined mosaic line through each image, which identifies unnecessary overlaps. Finally, the feathering technique is designed to remove break lines between images caused by radiometric differences in the original imagery.
- Product Delivery - The processed GeoOrtho data is stored in a format that allows for easy access to any location in the database and the easy extraction of data in any common data format, compression routine, datum, and projection. The product can be delivered in formats that work with common software such as ArcIMS, GeoMedia, MapInfo, and others.
- Instant downloadable via FTP
- Projected to any common datum and projection
- Delivered seamless across geographic areas of interest
- Delivered on CD with alternative delivery formats such as Flash and External Hard Drives available for large area requests
|2 - 15 ||$2.00 |
|16 - 60 ||$1.85 |
|61 - 250 ||$1.50 |
|251 - 1,000 ||$1.25 |
|3,001 - 9,000 ||$0.85 |
|9,001 - 12,000 ||$0.65 |
|12,001 - 40,000 ||$0.35 |
|40,001 - 65,000 ||$0.25 |
|65,001 - 125,000 ||$0.20 |
|125,001 - 200,000 ||$0.15 |
|200,001 - 1,000,000 ||$0.10 |
|1,000,001 - 2,000,000 ||$0.08 |
|2,000,001 - 3,018,003 ||$0.06 |